Math - We are plugging away in Reader Rabbit right now. I let Squeak pick whatever pages she wants to do...she is working to complete the certificate on the back cover of the book. She has two sections completed and the stickers are on her certificate! She has about 5 more sections just pages away from being done!!! But she skips around so much, that she misses them. I try to guide her but nope, she is doing the pages she wants! I estimate she has about half the book complete.
I received Rod & Staff Arithmetic 1 in the mail this week and I was disappointed. I didn't realize the first few grades of R&S math were pretty much below grade level. After I got over the disappointment, I decided to keep R&S to use for handwriting and math facts. I'm not going to make Squeak do pages and pages of the math facts, just practice some on a page. She can add and subtract simply in her head so I don't see the need for too much drill. Just some practice instead of flash cards. I also am waiting for A Beka 1st grade math to check out.
Peter Rabbit - We completed three more activities and pasted them into the lap book. Squeak cut out the three things Peter ate when he went into the garden (lettuce, french beans and radishes), she pasted on his coat and colored in the brass buttons and she put together the pots from the tool shed.
Moving Beyond the Page - I thought Squeak was getting a bit bored with the lap book. I don't think we will do a lot of lap books in the future. So I added the Community Unit from Moving Beyond the Page. We read On the Town by Judith Caseley and completed the vocabulary page from the student book. I don't plan on going in depth at this point with MBTP (it's toooo cold out for many community field trips) but I wanted to add another aspect of "Project School" to keep things interesting and different!
Thinking Skills - I forgot I had the Hands On Thinking Skills book by Critical Thinking Company! So I pulled out some pattern blocks and let Squeak do a couple of sheets. She finished them in minutes! Way too easy!! But Squeak liked playing with the pattern blocks and made some of her own patterns.
Piglet - Here is a picture of Piglet - she likes to wear the ring around her ankle and she pulled her arm out of the sleeve:
I also had a conversation with her yesterday. She followed me into the kitchen and:
I asked: "are you following me?"
Piglet: "yeah."
Me: "do you want a snack?"
Piglet: "sure."
She is a nut!!




LOL. I have one of those nuts at my house. Looks like a great week. Glad you found that devotional. That would have driven me CRAZY.
ReplyDeleteLove the pattern blocks and it's great that the devotional turned up!
ReplyDeleteI sure my little ones are just as nutty. She sure is cute! Glad to here you found the devotional. Stuff like that drives me absolutely batty. Sorry to hear lapbooks don't seem to be her thing. Looks cute though.
ReplyDeleteI have a nut here too! My youngest is a fun of pattern blocks too- and usually ends up making her own patterns as well.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you a productive week. Great Job! Love the pics. Your girls are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWe love pattern blocks here too! Just found your blog. I will be back to see more.
ReplyDelete