In my quest to find an exciting math curriculum for Squeak, I ordered A beka Arithmetic 1 to preview. Since Rod & Staff didn't pan out like I hoped, I am still searching (and praying) for a good supplement for Singapore PM (which is also on it's way for me to make sure this is the route we are going to take).
I liked the look of A beka and thought the colorful cartoons will surely appeal to Squeak. Now I am at a toss up between Horizons math and A beka math as my Singapore supplement. If anyone has any input, please feel free to comment. This would be for 1st grade math as we are still on course for Horizons K/R&S 1 beginning in March.
I believe Horizons still has the upper edge when it comes to the more advanced curriculum. I printed out the HM Scope & Sequence to compare with the A beka 1 table of contents.
i know nothing about advancement. Your DD is 3 right??? You have one smart cookie! I have to say, i am really happy with Horizons K.....we are in book 1 and i have book 2. I havent even considered anything for 1st....but i think id stick with Horizons??? lol.Is horizons ahead? Like the K is harder K work??? explain!I think ill be getting Horizons for DS when he is 3ish...now that i GET this homeschooling thing :)
ReplyDeleteCan't really help you here. I have been thinking of the Horizons because I know someone at church uses it and likes it. But then I remembered I do have a partial curriculum of ABeka (the stuff I got from the thrift shop over a year ago) upstairs on the shelf.
ReplyDelete