Bible - Gosh, I think we've listened to Little Tree about 25 times since my last update! Praise the Lord!! We did get to sneak in a CD about a boy named Nathaniel, which was a story about honesty. These CDs are truly a blessing and again, both girls are really enjoying them. We also read more in our devotional book and Julie talks about Jesus all the time!! During our craft time (see below), we read parts of 1 Corinthians 13 and Squeak could easily answer that JESUS IS LOVE!!!!
Math - The pages in Reader Rabbit math are starting to get few and far between! I'm getting antsy to start our new math though!! I also pulled out a "Rev-Up Arithmetic" CD ROM that also came with the multimedia Horizons package. Squeak really took to that and was practicing her math facts. It's a cute program but I need to move ahead to some other material as she can only take so much drill and repetition.
Peter Rabbit/Crafts - So, on Monday, Squeak and I started two activities for our lap book and during the second activity, Squeak walked away!!! She didn't want to do anymore!! So I decided to finish the week with Valentine's Day crafts. By this time, Piglet was up from her nap and I had set Squeak up with a simple construction paper heart to decorate. Well, that little Piglet started crying and pointing at what Squeak was doing!! So I set her up with a project too (I drew the heart!!):
Here they are working together:
Squeak working on her project:

Here's Squeak's final project (for Daddy!):

I thought two things when I saw her project:
1. It reminded me of the Breast Plate of Righteousness!
2. Gosh, I wish those were real jewels!
So, our lap book story isn't over yet. Tuesday comes around, and Squeak ASKS to look at her lap book. Then she proceeds to tell me about every little project in there!! AND she noticed that the scarecrow didn't have brass buttons so she drew some in along with the brown shoes (both things Peter lost and Mr. MacGregor used to make the scarecrow). I didn't even notice that AND I copied that page from the lap book activity guide - so even they didn't have it included! I was very proud that she remembered all of that stuff and made a great observation! Here is the lap book (I did take this picture before she corrected the scarecrow):



That is so adorable, seeing Piglet working right along side Squeak. The lapbook looks so cute. Isn't it amazing how much sinks into those little brains. Love the simplicity of the heart Valentine's craft.
ReplyDeleteAww, those pictures are priceless!
ReplyDeleteCuties! Love her valentine card!
ReplyDeleteYour children are so precious! I love seeing what you are up to.
ReplyDeleteLove the pic of the two girls working on their Valentines!
ReplyDelete