Next fall, Squeak will officially be in 1st Grade! Since we homeschool year round, we just continue with curricula when needed no matter what time of year it is. This month, for example, we will complete Rod & Staff Bible Stories and Coloring and go right into BJU Bible Truths K5. Last month, we completed Sonlight Science K then started up Noeo Chemistry I....and so on. Here is where I anticipate we will be when we begin 1st Grade on August 29th:
Bible: BJU Bible Truths 1 - I'm certain we will complete BJU Bible Truths K5 before summer's end.
Math: Singapore Primary Math 2b - I believe we will complete 1b mid next month then work in the 1b IP book and begin 2a sometime in May. Since our homeschool schedule is lighter during the summer, I think it will take the summer to work through 2a and the 2a IP book.
Science: Noeo Chemistry I - this probably won't be completed until early 2012 then move onto Noeo Physics I.
History: Modified Sonlight Core 3 - this is on a 3.5 year plan so it won't be complete anytime soon.
LA: I'm leaning towards something BJU for LA but I want to wait until late summer to order anything, depending on where Squeak is at. We will continue on with BJU Spelling 2 as our "fun" informal spelling program. We still have plenty of reading material for Squeak's reading. LA is the most "up in the air" topic since I want to wait until I see where she is at before starting something more formalized.
Handwriting: I don't have plans on using anything formal.
Other: Continue with crafts, character builder stuff, listening to music - all informally.
************************************************************
This will be the final year I don't have to report Squeak to the state so things are pretty flexible. Fall 2012 (when Squeak is almost 6.5) is when I have to adhere to state regulations.
So....that is where everything is at right now!
ok so I have a question -- if you look at either your state standards or a gernic standards like: http://www.worldbook.com/typical-course-of-study.html -- I am sure she is "past kindy". have you looked at 'the level' she'd be on. i get that you are going to regiseter her for 1st in the fall -- but any idea what level she'd objectivly be on?
ReplyDeleteMomma Aimee
I've planned first grade for next year for the last time! Yikes! We school year round too... just move onto the next thing no matter what time. Looks like a great line-up! We have to report that we are homeschooling at age 7, but we don't have to give any indication of what we are doing. I would be sad at that!
ReplyDeleteHi there,
ReplyDeleteWe would love to list your blog on our website. You can check it out at http://www.homefreeschool.com/ and e-mail us at administrator@homefreeschool.com if we can add you to our blog list!
Thanks!