This is going to be a brief report...
This week, we wrapped up:
1. The Multiplication and Division Units (Squeak tore through this in less than 30 minutes - textbook and workbook!) of Singapore Math 1b.
2. Our first week of Noeo Chemistry I
3. A Lion to Guard Us (history)
After the break, we will begin:
1. Pocahontas for our history Read Aloud
2. The smaller units of Singapore 1b (time and fractions - all review)
3. Noeo Week 2
Math - I have changed our math plan! I was going to implement this later on but Squeak has been working independently in her workbook that I decided to start now (after 1b). I sold off my Horizons Math books and we have dropped the Horizons supplement. We are going to focus solely on Singapore Math and add in the Intensive Practice (IP) books. When we complete 1b, we will work in the 1b IP book before moving into 2a and so on. We will also continue to use the CWP books with both. I also will toss in a little MEP 1 here and there too.
Other - Squeak earned her BOOK IT! Reading Award from Pizza Hut again for February!
Here are some pictures from the week:
Working in R&S Bible Coloring
Working on math facts with MEP
Packy is coloring her shamrock
Squeak is drawing things that are made of atoms




I love Singapore Math, but my kids don't do well with it. =( I've got 2 still coming up so hopefully one of them will flourish with it.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it feel good to adjust a subject to better meet your needs! Hope you have a wonderful spring break!
ReplyDelete