Another productive week here! Be sure to check out our new globe on the 3/16 post!!
Bible - We've been talking about Noah's Ark and the flood since we are discussing weather and storms in science. We have a Noah's Ark play set too so we acted out some of the flood with that.
Math - Without looking, I think we are up to lesson 38. Squeak is still bored so I'm just trying to speed through Book 1 so we can get to Book 2 and slow down a bit. I also ordered Miquon Math to try. Squeak can add and subtract but dislikes the drill and repetition. It's like pulling teeth sometimes! So I thought maybe this approach may be more exciting to her.
Science - This is going very well. We completed two lessons and one experiment this week. Squeak learned that we can't see air but can feel it and "see" it. Here she is, using a bottle to "see" air bubble out when submerged in water:
We also made paper racers and used cardboard to flap and watch the air push the paper along. Here is Squeak drawing a picture on her racer:
Piglet was also flapping some cardboard to make wind:
Squeak also has been recording what the weather has been like this week - so far she filled in two days since we did lessons twice:
Sunny and blue skies!!!!!!
Read Alouds - We started Buster Baxter, Cat Saver this morning and are on Chapter 7 of The Mouse and The Motorcycle.
Other - Piglet likes to scribble in books when Squeak works in a workbook so here they are working together:
I bought Piglet her own little books from the Dollar Tree!
Piglet also counted this morning!! The girls were playing with blocks and Piglet was stacking and said "1,2,3" while she stacked her blocks! She didn't speak 100% clearly - it was in her little baby voice but it was sooooo cute!!






It is amazing how much the little ones pick up from their siblings !!
ReplyDeleteSo cute seeing the girls working together at their little table. Here's hoping the Miquon math gives Squeak some excitement and challenge.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Tabitha's workbook is a Brain Quest book. We also got the card decks for 4-5 year olds (same age as the workbook). That was the youngest the store had and I am so glad because she is enjoying them immensely.
Who doesn't love when science and water mix! Hooray! I think my son learned every major preschool benchmark while playing in the tub. LOL.
ReplyDeleteLooks like another great week.
You're right. It was a productive week. And fun!
ReplyDeleteYou must have every math curriculum sitting in your house! I must have every phonics curriculum sitting in mine!
ReplyDelete