Bible - We've studied through the Old Testament and finished it (for now) with Joshua's take over of Jericho. At this point, I felt the Lord leading us to begin learning about HIS life and ministry here on earth. So we began the New Testament and have read about Jesus and His ministry. We will also do a week long unit study on 1 Corinthians 13 during Valentine's Day week!
Math - Squeak is cruising along in Singapore Math. We have been juggling between 2b/3a and worked a little review in 2a (just to make ME feel better). I have been also giving Squeak weekly "math assignments" for fact drill. I print a few pages off and she has the week to complete them. At 5.5, I don't want her bogged down with "kill n drill" so this is a more non-pressure way to work on facts.
English/Reading - Squeak has been earning her BOOK IT! Awards but we have not been using them. She also earned her Applebees Bookworm Award and we did use it last weekend when we went to see Disney on Ice! Squeak's reading is really progressing though she is still reluctant about reading.
Other - Next week, I plan on beginning our Geronimo Stilton books as our nightly chapter book read aloud. The girls have been making lots of crafts and enjoy just taking paper, scissors, glue and markers and just creating whatever they wish.
Packy - I do not do any formal teaching to Packy. She has been self learning and I'm finding out more and more of what she knows. Just to name a few things - she can identify her numbers through 9, her letters, colors, shapes. She has been object counting since she was 17 months old and the last I heard, Packy rote counted to 45 (and this was months ago). I plan on introducing her to starfall.com soon. She seems to be a smart little cookie like her sister!
Some pictures!
Packy teaching herself to tie a shoe
Squeak working in BJU Bible Truths
Packy's new dress that Grandma made!
Upcoming - We are going to have a little party on Valentine's Day!



What a great month!! Your girls are growing up so fast (don't they all?). I was so glad to see your update. :)
ReplyDelete