The Lord placed home schooling on my heart long before I even thought about getting married! This is record of the Lord's work in our lives and in our home school. Let HIS will be done!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Weekly Report 9/26 - 9/30

The girls had a great week in school! This completes 5 weeks of school so far!

Bible - Over the summer, we were focusing on the word "all" while reading the Word. The Lord gave us our "focus word" for the fall: Protection. We have been reading about Noah and the flood and God's protection over His faithful followers. We also discussed how Jesus protects us and how wonderful it is that HE IS OUR PROTECTOR! So, throughout the fall, we will look for and discuss the word "protection, protect" while reading through our Bible.



Math - Squeak completed two chapters in Singapore Math. We begin multiplication and division next week.

English - Squeak completed Unit 1 and moved into the next Unit of BJU English. I taught her about singular and plural while in the van yesterday! Less than 5 minutes and she understood, applied and gave examples. Easy, peasy! LOL!

BOOK IT! begins today so we are going to start marking the books she reads. Squeak's interest in reading is still not great. I'm hoping she will get excited about it because I know it will take off when she does. I'm just waiting for her to realize the whole new exciting world she will enter when she seriously begins reading!

Art - We attempted to make salt dough. Do not put it on your metal baking sheet! It completely ruined our salt dough cut outs and I had to toss out one cookie pan!! We will try again though because the girls had a blast:





Read alouds/other - I've been reading from Ready Freddy! #18 and Magic School Bus #20.

I ordered a Reader Rabbit computer game for Squeak. I like the computer games she plays because they are good reinforcement of the 3 R's. She has been zooming through JumpStart and the next JumpStart level received bad reviews so we are going to try Reader Rabbit. (Plus Reader is really cute!). This Reader Rabbit incoorporates the 3 R's and science and you can print worksheets and certificates. I think it will be a hit!

Packy learning through puzzles:



We had a fun playdate on Friday! The girls had a great time!! Monday, my buddy from college is coming to visit with his daugther (she is 2 years old). The girls are excited to see them too!!

God bless!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great week. Reader Rabbit was a favorite at our house when our kids were younger. Hopefully it works out for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried Rabbit Reader Preschool long-long time ago - it was OK. Anna's too favorite places to go to on the computer is Starfall.com (free) and Dreambox.com for math (requires membership). Sounds like a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great week :)

    ReplyDelete