The Lord placed home schooling on my heart long before I even thought about getting married! This is record of the Lord's work in our lives and in our home school. Let HIS will be done!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Weekly Report 1/10 - 1/14

Meltdowns and mayhem!! haha!!

Bible - We started back through the New Testament stories. I will read a story from the 101 Favorite Bible Stories book then the following day, work on the same story in the Rod & Staff Story/Coloring book.

Math -  As talked about in my previous post, we dropped BJU Math 2 and are returning to Singapore Math. I had to purchase the textbook and the HIG as I sold my textbook a while ago. I plan on starting up with the IP books once we get into 2a and Squeak is a bit older. We will resume 1b by working through the textbook up to the point of where we are in the workbook. This will bring it all back since it's been a month since we were in SM. This week we started Horizons 2 Math:


Packy also has been pulling out our old Critical Thinking Company Mathematical Reasoning A book and counting everything in it and naming the shapes:

And, of course, the server is rejecting that photo!

History - Here is the meltdowns and mayhem update! Squeak's perfectionism issues caused major meltdowns two nights in a row. Therefore, we didn't work on much history this week except reading from our chapter book - A Lion to Guard Us. We are going to give it a go tonight and finish up the two tepees we have been trying to complete this week. That will be 6 tepees total with two more to go! Here she is putting the finishing touches on one:



Science - "The universe declares HIS majesty!!"  This week was the start of our Astronomy study! We are in Week 32 of Sonlight Science K. First, we learned how astronauts get into space and acted out being space shuttles then we talked about how astronauts stay protected in space. Next we will find out what they do in space.

Other - More of the usual stuff...crafts, read alouds, projects, we also went to the Preschool Story Time at the library. I think Squeak is getting a little bored with it though. She likes the stories but not so much the songs. Oh well, it's fun though!!





4 comments:

  1. The meltdowns don't stop at four??? I was told they would stop!

    I'm sorry for your troubles and happy for your triumphs. The teepees are wonderful!

    I always look forward to your weekly reports.

    ReplyDelete