Week in review...
Bible - Ok, we haven't returned to using the Rod & Staff! That is my own fault but we are still reading our Bible stories and devotionals. In our Bible story readings, JESUS IS RISEN!!
Math - Squeak only worked on math twice but she completely knocked it out of the park! We started the second book of Horizons 1 and she completed everything with very little effort. I couldn't believe it! She was even adding 500+60+2 (for example) BEFORE we even went through the place value lessons. (The lessons build up so I just did the "final" lesson on a whim!). Squeak completed the section of 10 lessons I clipped together (I don't make her do every single problem or exercise but this time, she did a lot), then some lessons in the next section of 10 THEN she looked through the rest of the book and randomly completed other exercises throughout! Wowza!
Science - We continued with Chemistry and looked at how solids, liquids and gases change. And created examples of each - freezing water, melting the ice, boiling water to steam and it was raining out so that was our water vapor to water example. We also used the Singapore Science books and learned about reversible and irreversible change.
Read Alouds - So far, we have read through the Peak With Books booklist and are almost done with the P 3/4 booklist - maybe 1/4 left. Then we will work our way through both again.
We also finished The Magic School Bus chaper book #6 and began #7.
Squeak is also reading books towards both her BOOK IT! goal and for her Applebees Bookworm Club.
Art - Both girls worked on painting and some turkey projects:
Packy made the picture and Squeak made the turkey hat.
NEXT WEEK - Hoping for a light week but you never know with my little aggressive learners! LOL!



I LOVE the pink turkey!
ReplyDeleteI love your turkey crafts.
ReplyDeleteYour daughter continues to amaze me. I really need to figure out where Tabitha is with math. With reading we just started working our way through the ABeka first grade reader. She loves the Leap Frog letter factory and talking word factory DVD's. In fact because of that last DVD she is now starting to learn about long vowel combinations and other "complex" words.
Your science lesson sounds like fun.
Oh, I was going to let you know we are part way through the first Elliot's Park book, Saving Mr. Nibbles. They seem to be enjoying it. Unfortunately we came to the end of the Animal Friends books by Janette Oke that our library has available. I am thinking of trying The Magic Treehouse next. Not sure. I remember seeing the Peak with Books curriculum before but not being able to afford it. I'd forgotten all about it. Do you have to buy the book to know the book list?
How do you sign up for Book it! as a homeschooler? or the Applebee's one? My kids participated in Book It when they were in elementary school. It's been awhile.
Sorry, this got long.
Here's wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!!
Blessings
See... you're one of those Moms that I feel do so much more than me... ok... KNOW and feel bad for my kids that you do so much more than me!
ReplyDelete