Bible - Continuing through 101 Favorite Stories from the Bible. I haven't used the Rod & Staff lately but it's not forgotten. I just started a routine of reading a Bible story at breakfast time after we pray. I also have been reading from another Bible story book.
Science - After working on reptiles on Monday, we movied to amphibians. Squeak decided to make a Red Eyed Tree Frog instead of a plain old frog:
Today, we began a two part lesson about Creepy Crawlies - insects, spiders, millipedes and such. It seems like we are whizzing through topics but Sonlight Science K is designed to offer exposure to a wide variety of topics. Mastery is not expected though we've sat on topics of interest - like the human body. Squeak is still interested in the human body so we've read through Magic School Bus books about the human body (we already completed the human body lessons in SL Science K).
Squeak made a grasshopper:
She was talking about spiders on the way out with her daddy today and told us that they have 8 legs and do not have a thorax! We also read a Cat in the Hat Learning Library book about insects.
Here is a picture of her working on the mobile:
I thought I had a completed picture but I can't find it.
Tuesday night, she also worked an activity drawer and it contained a story and an Evan Moor phonics worksheet.
Math - Talked a little bit above about math. I estimate that we will complete 1a by the end of the month. Then, at least for a month or so, we are going to work in Horizons Math 1 for a bit. I'm in no hurry to start 1b. Squeak can use her SM stratgies to solves problems in HM and work on other stuff like time or measurement. And of course, continue working on her math facts. Rote memorization is a snag and I don't really push it. I'm not concerned if she can't solve the Singapore Way in a split second as long as she understands how, what and why she's doing it.
Other - We had lots of read alouds. Thursday was "Read Aloud Day"!! (I was too lazy to really do any lessons!).



Looks like a great week!
ReplyDeleteLooks like lots of fun activities this week!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good week. I'm so happy your dd is doing so well in math. It's so hard when they struggle. My 7th grader is still working on 4th grade.
ReplyDeleteYour children are so cute! I really miss that age. My last is six!!! Wow! Have a good week =)
Ewww...not looking forward to the bug units around here, lol!
ReplyDeleteEvery time I read your blog... I am spurred to do more science... but then I don't. Go you. Bad on me.
ReplyDelete